Effective Date: February 09, 2021
IDSeal Canada ULC and its North American subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “IDSeal” or “we”) are serious about the privacy of our customers and users of our websites and applications (individually and collectively, “you”).
- Additional Terms
- Who Collects Your Personal Information
- Consent to Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Collect Information?
- Why we Use Personal Information
- How We Transfer Personal Information to Third Parties
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
- Where We Store Your Personal Information
- Third-Party Sites and Content
- Provision of Cardholder Data
- Your Right to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
- Opting Out of Promotional Offers from IDSeal
- Contact Us
1. Additional Terms
In some cases, when you have requested a particular product or service, we may need to collect additional information, or use your information in different ways to provide that product or service. In such cases, additional information about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information with respect to specific IDSeal services and products may be found in the relevant terms and conditions, notices, and statements for those services and products (“Additional Terms”).
3. Who Collects Your Personal Information
4. Consent to Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information with your consent, except as may be permitted or required by applicable law. You may withhold or withdraw consent for IDSeal to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions. However, certain Personal Information is required for us to provide services or products to you. Your withholding or withdrawal of consent to use that Personal Information may prevent IDSeal from providing some or all of the services and products that you have requested where such Personal Information is necessary for the provision of such services and products.
5. What Information Do We Collect?
The Personal Information and other information that we collect varies depending on your relationship with IDSeal. Among the Personal Information and other information that we may collect from you are the following:
- Company details;
- Residential and business address;
- Date of birth;
- Telephone number;
- IP and MAC addresses, operating system, and browser information;
- Email address;
- Banking details, credit or debit card information, or other information needed to process payments to or from you;
- Recordings of telephone calls where you have been provided with notice of the recording at the start of the call;
- Electronic and written communications;
- IP addresses and general geolocation information;
- Your IDSeal account login information;
- Information we request and that you provide to allow us to provide our services, based on the services you receive, and
- Other identifying information as may be set forth in the Additional Terms or otherwise separately consented to by you.
6. How Do We Collect Information?
We collect Personal Information and other information from you in a variety of ways, including:
- the submission of Personal Information by you to IDSeal through the Sites;
- the submission of an online order for IDSeal services or products;
- through your use of the Sites or our services and products;
- when you communicate with us by email, telephone, fax, chat line, the Sites, or otherwise;
- provision of your Personal Information to IDSeal by IDSeal’s business partners; and
Although IDSeal collects Personal Information primarily from you, it may also collect Personal Information from other sources including service providers, or other third parties who represent that they have a right to disclose that information.
IDSeal will not contact you by telephone or email to request sensitive information such as credit card numbers, account numbers, passwords, and PIN codes. We recommend that you do not respond to telephone calls or emails requesting this type of information and that you contact us if you receive such a request that purports to be from IDSeal.
IDSeal may collect information about the actions you take on the Sites and the equipment you use to access the Sites through automatic data collection technologies such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. The information we collect includes information collected through such technologies, and we may maintain or associate such information with Personal Information we collect in other ways. We use this information to improve our Sites and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: estimate our users’ size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Sites. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Adobe® Flash® Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
8. Why we Use Personal Information
IDSeal collects and processes Personal Information and other information for a variety of purposes, including:
- to present our Sites and their respective contents to you;
- to verify, process, and administer your orders for IDSeal services and products;
- to collect payment from you for IDSeal services and products;
- to provide IDSeal services and products to you;
- to maintain our commercial relationship with you, including billing and customer service;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights in connection with any contracts that you may enter into with us, including the provision of notices pursuant to those agreements;
- to provide you with information about your IDSeal account, your purchases, and our policies;
- to understand and respond to your service needs, including problems with your IDSeal services;
- to improve the products and services that we offer and to develop new products and services;
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, protect IDSeal’s legal and financial interests (including fraud detection and prevention), and to conduct compliance investigations;
- to comply with IDSeal’s reporting obligations to government agencies;
- for the provision and receipt of services and fees, and the compliance with our contractual obligations to our licensors, contractors, service providers, and other business partners;
- to prepare internal reporting on customer matters and general business needs;
- to provide to our business partners and their representatives that market and promote IDSeal services and make referrals to IDSeal, for tracking, compensation, supervision, and training purposes;
- to facilitate IDSeal’s financial, accounting and administrative functions;
- to allow us to identify and inform you about services and products from IDSeal and IDSeal business partners that may be of interest to you, including sending commercial and marketing communications;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Personal Information, including in any Additional Terms; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
9. How We Transfer Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share Your Personal Information with third parties to accomplish the purposes described above. For example, we may work with third party service providers that assist us with operating our business and processing personal information.
We also may provide Your Personal Information to governmental authorities as part of regulatory, statistical, or analytical reports, as required or allowed by applicable laws and regulations, to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity, or in response to a specific request from government, regulatory, or law enforcement authorities, such as a subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process. We also may disclose your Personal Information to the extent we determine doing so is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of IDSeal, our customers, or others, which includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations.
We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party, undergo another business transaction such as a reorganization, or should any such transaction be proposed.
We may share your Personal Information with our business partners in connection with the services or products that we provide to you. We also may share your information with government authorities as required by applicable law.
10. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
IDSeal keeps your Personal Information as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was initially collected, subject to applicable law. Such period varies depending on the type of Personal Information involved. In some cases, we need to keep your Personal Information for a minimum period of time in order to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
11. Where We Store Your Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored on secure computer servers located in Canada or the United States. Some Personal Information is transferred to other IDSeal business partners outside of North America, each of whom may process and store your Personal Information in their locations. As a result, some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. Accordingly, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
12. Third-Party Sites and Content
13. Provision of Cardholder Data
IDSeal may require you to provide our payment processors with credit or debit card information (“Cardholder Data”) in connection with the purchase of IDSeal products and services. Cardholder Data may be used for current payments and stored for future or recurring payments. Payments may be issued directly to IDSeal or through third-party vendors. IDSeal requires its providers to maintain controls consistent with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard and other industry standards to protect Cardholder Data; however, these safeguards may not prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, obtain, or use Cardholder Data.
Nonetheless, you should also take measures you deem appropriate to safeguard your Personal Information, such as by maintaining the confidentiality of your access credentials, logging out of Sites, closing your web browsers when you have concluded your online activities, changing your passwords regularly, and not providing your Personal Information to persons who are unfamiliar to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure, and it is impossible to guarantee the full security of any information. Although we make efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information sent to us or our Sites, and such transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
IDSeal may communicate with you by email or chat and these communications may at times contain Personal Information. These communications may not be secure. We recommend that you do not send government-issued identification numbers, financial information, Cardholder Data or other sensitive information to us by email or chat, and we will not ask you to provide such information in this manner.
15. Your Right to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the Personal Information that we hold about you, and to have us correct your Personal Information if the information that we have is inaccurate or incomplete, and, in some cases, to request deletion your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy or correct or request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing at :
IDSeal Canada ULC
Attn: Privacy Officer
1000 Progress Place
Concord, NC 28025
Please note; however, that in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before we allow you to access or correct your Personal Information.
You have the right to withdraw consent for our use of your Personal Information, however please be aware that doing so may impact our ability to provide services and products to you where such information is necessary for the provision of such services and products. Please also note that we are permitted to keep certain of your Personal Information in order to meet our legal, financial, audit, and business needs, even if you request its deletion.
16. Opting Out of Promotional Offers from IDSeal
If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by us to promote our own or third-parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling Identity Care at 1-888-325-5865 (Monday through Friday, 10am – 7pm EST). In addition, if we have sent you a promotional email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe or opt-out or unsubscribe link contained in that email.
IDSeal does not promote the IDSeal products and services to children or knowingly accept orders from individuals below the age of majority.
19. Contact Us
Issue Date: December 15, 2020
Copyright © 2020 IDSeal Canada ULC
All Rights Reserved
2.0 What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
Please be advised that the cookie related information that may be collected is not used to identify you personally. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described herein.
The cookies we use can be classified into the following categories:
- Essential Cookies. We have identified these cookies as being strictly necessary for proper functioning of our websites and to allow users to access secure areas of the Sites.
- Non-Essential Cookies. These cookies are not essential for the Sites to function but are used to provide, maintain and improve our services to meet your needs. We do not set any of these cookies without your consent. We may process your Personal Information by means of these cookies. For more information on how we use your Personal Information, please review the Policies.
3.1 Analytics Cookies
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
WordPress: The Sites runs the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the Sites. If these are disabled then various functionality on the Sites will be broken.
More information on session cookies and how they are used is available at https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
3.2 Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on the Sites. Cookies of this type pertain to the sharing buttons across the site permitting visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies that may be set across the Sites, depending upon the availability of the sharing third party website, include LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external websites, there are scripts from domains outside of the Sites. You should be aware that these third party websites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on the Sites.
You should check the respective policies of each of these third party websites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you and what you have put in the shopping basket, when you are on a page where a shopping basket may be available. These we deem strictly necessary to the function of the Sites. If these are disabled then various functionality on the Sites will be broken.
4.0 How to Control Cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies at your discretion by adjusting your browser’s settings (for instance, under the “Internet Options,” “Settings” or “Preferences” feature of your browser). Please note, however, that refusing to accept cookies from us may affect your experience using the Sites. Please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/ for further details about how you may control cookies. You can delete all cookies that are already on your system and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may need to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site (including the Sites) and some services and functionalities may not work as intended.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt -out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website, located here: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
Issue Date: December 15, 2020
Copyright © 2020 IDSeal Canada ULC
All Rights Reserved